In this guide, we are going to discuss the mistakes that one must avoid to protect oneself from having to pay a hefty amount in the long run. Let us remind you that this is not a DIY guide, it’s a compilation of suggestions you must keep in mind when hiring a water well expert to solve water well-related problems.
This is the first thing we wish to highlight: never try solving water well issues by yourself. If there is a problem you observe, hire a professional immediately. Do not rely on just anyone. Find someone who is experienced, trained, and certified, and rely only on them. You’d want to save some money by hiring someone less experienced, but know that a small error on their part can cost you heavily in the long run.
Top Things to Keep In Mind When Hiring Water Well Expert
- Learn more about the licensing requirements for your state and ensure the person you are hiring complies with the requirements.
- The person you have hired for drilling your water well or installing your water well pump must have a certificate of approval from the National Ground Water Well Association.
- Ensure that the professional you’re hiring submits well logs. If you are thinking about what water well logs are, it is an essential document highlighting crucial information that is related to the well drilling process and the situation of the area where the water well is.
- Check if the contractor you’re hiring has the tools and equipment needed to get the task done
- The contractors you hire must be insured. You do not want to end up being financially responsible for the mistakes that happen while the work on your property is going on.
- Ask for references and referrals. If possible, contact the past clients of the contractors. If you’re hiring an individual, check out the testimonials.
- Before signing any contract, reach out to your contractor and ask the person to explain what they plan on doing on your property. You need to have them write everything on the contract
- Ask as many questions as you can. Good contractors will be patient with you and answer all your queries.
- Ask chosen contractors to provide you with written cost estimates. They must clearly state and also elaborate on the cost estimates in the contract. When a contractor outlines the cost estimates in a contract, they are obliged to stick to it as the price that has been agreed upon is the price you’re obliged to pay to your water well professional. Therefore, they are going to try their best to stick to it. Besides, when the contract mentions a price estimate and your contractor fails to stick to it, you can seek legal recourse too.
If there is any problem with your water well, do consult a well-known expert. You’ll be able to maintain the health of the water well and save significantly in the long run.
Give Ries Well Drilling Inc a call to answer any questions you may have fixing your water well water. We can be reached at (586) 784-9516!
We provide Water Well Drilling Services in the following Michigan Counties: